One of the things that I would like to make one day is a petticoat. If I haven’t made it before it’s because I don’t think it will get a lot of wear. I spend most of my days at home and I’m not attending a lot of parties right now, but one day it will change and I’ll want my petticoat.
I was searching the Internet and found several free tutorials:
- A simple petticoat tutorial on Craftsy.
- A two-layered petticoat tutorial.
- The world’s simplest petticoat.
- A very simple petticoat.
- A Pinterest board on petticoats.
- An instructables guide to make puffy petticoats.
- DIY tutorial to make a rainbow petticoat.
- Burdastyle free pattern.
- A corded petticoat (for victorian dresses).
Most instructions call for tulle, but they say that organza, chiffon or special petticoat fabric is better.
And you? Have you made or bought a petticoat? What are your thoughts on the matter?