This pattern is also offered as a downloadable PDF at Ravelry.
This is intended for an HTC Wildfire S (10 x 6 x 1.3 cm). For any other model of cell phone, the pattern will need to be adapted according to the specific measurements.
This idea occurred to me after making the Kindle cozy but I didn’t want the bulk created by the 3 needle bind off but a neat end like the toe of a sock.
Gauge: 20.0 sts x 26 rows.
- 7 grams of Cascade 220 or any other worsted weight yarn.
- 4.5 mm (US 7) and 4 (US 6) mm needles (or size needed to get gauge)
Make the sleeve:
- CO 12 st using Judy’s magic cast on (video at the end of the post).
- Continue st by st in stockinette stitch.
- After 9.5 cm (28 rows) from cast-on edge, take smaller size needles (4 mm – US 6) and start 1×1 twisted ribbing (*k1 through the back loop, p1. Repeat from * across). Make 5 rows.
I usually change to smaller needles one row before starting ribbing.
- BO in twisted ribbing using 4.5 (US 7) mm needle.